The Board of Management members for the school are as follows:
- Rev. J . Fegan, Chairperson
- John Murphy, Bishop’s Nominee
- Katharine Curtis, Parents Representative
- Gerald McNally, Parents Representative
- Patricia Lynch, Community Representative
- Shay Bowe, Community Representative
- Maeve Duff, Principal
- Danielle O’Neill, Teacher Representative
A Board of Management meeting was held on Thursday 29th April 2021. The following updates have been issued.
Confession will take place in the school tomorrow April 30th. Communion will take place at a later date when further guidelines are announced.
Aladdin Connect is currently being rolled out in the school. A very beneficial administrative system that will allow for greater communication with parents. E-payments will soon follow which will make payments to school easier for parents and eliminate cash transactions.
R.S.E Programme will be delivered to our 5th & 6th Class by Catherine Murphy on Friday May 28th. Aine Dowling SET will deliver the relevant elements of the programme to 4th class pupils in small group sessions.
Following the submission of our Walkability Audit to Wexford County Council we have received support from various county councillors and the Roads Engineer for Wexford has assured us that improvements to infrastructure will take place in stages in the coming months and years.
The Celtic Travelling Book Fair will come to the school on May 7th for 1 week. The Book Fair is a pop-up book shop that brings the very best in children’s books to your school. This is a great opportunity to purchase some new books for your child. Every book sold at the Book Fair helps to earn rewards to spend to refresh the range of children’s books in our classrooms.
ICT: The school will purchase new Smart Boards for some of our classrooms in the coming months.
Two policies were ratified, both available to view in policies section under the Our School tab:
1. The Code of Behaviour
2. Special Education Needs Policies were both ratified
A Board of Management meeting was held on Tuesday 1st December, 2020. The following updates have been issued.
- Covid Inspection – Our school inspector Jean Pender recently conducted a Covid Inspection (Supporting the Safe Provision of Schooling on the 23rd of November. We received very positive feedback and it was stated that we are fully compliant based on their 10 point checklist.
- Post of responsibility – Ms. Áine Dowling has been appointed to the position of APII.
- Creative Schools – This initiative will finish this year. A further €1,100 has been granted to the school to spend on Arts Education.
- Active Schools – The school is working towards the renewal of our Active flag this year.
- GAA County Board football coaching is taking place and will continue for two weeks after the Christmas break.
- Clothes collection was very well supported this year and is estimated to bring in just over €500.
- Christmas card fundraiser – generated €366
- Split the pot Christmas Draw – The whole pot will be given in prize money.
- Parents Association are organising a Christmas Hamper fundraiser. Draw to take place on Friday, 18th of December.
- Parent teacher meeting will be conducted via phone calls this year.
- Policies ratified – Data Protection, Acceptable Use Policy and Health and Safety Statement.
A Board of Management meeting was held on Tuesday 29th September, 2020. The following updates have been issued.
- Sacraments-First Confession will take place on Thursday, 11th March, 2021 at 7pm, Communion will take place on Saturday, 15th May, 2021 at 11am.
- All teachers have upskilled and trained for the use of Seesaw as an online platform to further facilitate remote learning should the need arise.
- A Revolutionary Individualised Spelling Programme for Primary School Children “Spellings for Me” is currently being implemented in the school.
- GAA Coaching and Music Generation to resume in October.
- Radon Mitigation Works and Boiler Works have been completed in the school in recent months.
- The Department has issued us with a new broadband provider which has greatly increased the speed of our connection.
- Policies-Child Protection Policy/Child Safeguarding Statement reviewed and ratified. (See in Policy Section on website)
- Anti-Bullying Policy reviewed and ratified. (see in Policy Section on website)
- Maths Curriculum Policy ratified. (See in policy section on website)
- Admissions Policy ratified. (see in Policy Section on website)