Monthly Archives: September 2020
Junior and Senior Infants
We painted pumpkins and made bales for our Autumn Aistear theme.
1st and 2nd Class
We learned all about the life cycle of an oat tree. We collected lots of Autumn leaves and learned how to identify them.
3rd and 4th Class
We learned all about the Dutch artist Piet Mondrian. He is best know for his abstract paintings. We used colours, shapes and textures to create these beautiful pieces of artwork.
5th and 6th Class
We created personalised t-shirts based on the work of artist, Piet Mondrian.
COVID 19 REGULATIONS
Well done to all of our pupils who continue to follow our new routines. Keep up the great work!
Junior Infants – 1st day of school!!!
Our 2 year Creative Schools Programme was due to come to an end in June 2020. Due to Covid closures we missed out on some of our final projects. We have been allocated an additional 4 days this term in order to complete some projects.
All classes, Juniors – 6th Class are currently preparing a time capsule project.
The infant room will design and paint some lovely fairy doors for our school garden.
1st-6th classes will take part in print making over 2 sessions.
Keep an eye on our website for some photos of our wonderful creations over the next few weeks.
A Board of Management meeting was held on Tuesday 29th September. The following updates have been issued.
- Sacraments-First Confession will take place on Thursday, 11th March, 2021 at 7pm, Communion will take place on Saturday, 15th May, 2021 at 11am.
- All teachers have upskilled and trained for the use of Seesaw as an online platform to further facilitate remote learning should the need arise.
- A Revolutionary Individualised Spelling Programme for Primary School Children “Spellings for Me” is currently being implemented in the school.
- GAA Coaching and Music Generation to resume in October.
- Radon Mitigation Works and Boiler Works have been completed in the school in recent months.
- The Department has issued us with a new broadband provider which has greatly increased the speed of our connection.
- Policies-Child Protection Policy/Child Safeguarding Statement reviewed and ratified. (See in Policy Section on website)
- Anti-Bullying Policy reviewed and ratified. (see in Policy Section on website)
- Maths Curriculum Policy ratified. (See in policy section on website)
- Admissions Policy ratified. (see in Policy Section on website)